commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cancellation of commons-exec-1.0.0 (RC4) vote ....
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:55:55 GMT
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the current feedback requires a cancellation and a discussion
>>
>> 1) wrong download link in email - was a copy and paste error on my side
>>
>> 2) improved manifest in sources and javadoc jar - seems to be a parent
>> pom issue and effects all M2 releases (checked commons-cli,
>> commons-digester, commons-io, commons-jxpath)
>>
>> 3) wrong versioning schema, e.g. "commons-exec-1.0.0" - according to
>> http://commons.apache.org/releases/versioning.html the versioning is
>> either correct or the docs are wrong
>>
>> 4) missing findbugs-exclude-filter.xml - well, that's a blocker
>>

>> So the open questions are ....
>>
>> ad 2) any quick ideas how to fix that? I will dig though the parent pom
>> otherwise ...
>
> This should be fixed in the parent POM. Documentation on how to do it
> can be found here:
>   http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/manifest.html
>
> I'll fix it in a little bit...

The Javadoc jar part is now fixed in the parent POM. You can steal the
configuration from there, if you don't want to wait for the parent to be
released.

The source jar can't be fixed right now, see
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSOURCES-36
I'll see if I can't whip up a patch for that issue.

IMO Commons Exec 1.0 doesn't have to wait for that issue to be solved,
and a new version of Maven Source Plugin.

>> ad 3) can we agree an ONE schema which is properly documented - I'm fed
>> up with some undocumented guidelines resulting in not enough +1 to get
>> commons-exec out of the door, e.g. groupId or versioning. I propose we
>> find a common understanding which I put into the commons wiki.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>
>> Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> the next release candidate ....
>>>
>>> Tag:
>>>
>>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/exec/tags/EXEC_1_0_0
>>>
>>> Site:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/exec/1.0.0/RC4/site/index.html
>>>
>>> Binaries:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/exec/1.0.0/RC4/staged/commons-exec/commons-exec/1.0.0/
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 release it
>>> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
>>> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because
>>>

>>> Let the fun begin ...
>>>
>>> Siegfried Goeschl
>>>
>>> PS: The test distribution is not part of the release but handy for
>>> platform testing -
>>> http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/commons-exec/

Dennis Lundberg