commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject [VOTE] Cancellation of commons-exec-1.0.0 (RC4) vote ....
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:43:10 GMT
Hi folks,

the current feedback requires a cancellation and a discussion

1) wrong download link in email - was a copy and paste error on my side

2) improved manifest in sources and javadoc jar - seems to be a parent
pom issue and effects all M2 releases (checked commons-cli,
commons-digester, commons-io, commons-jxpath)

3) wrong versioning schema, e.g. "commons-exec-1.0.0" - according to
http://commons.apache.org/releases/versioning.html the versioning is
either correct or the docs are wrong

4) missing findbugs-exclude-filter.xml - well, that's a blocker

So the open questions are ....

ad 2) any quick ideas how to fix that? I will dig though the parent pom
otherwise ...

ad 3) can we agree an ONE schema which is properly documented - I'm fed
up with some undocumented guidelines resulting in not enough +1 to get
commons-exec out of the door, e.g. groupId or versioning. I propose we
find a common understanding which I put into the commons wiki.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl