commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [general] Tracking Contributors in the POM
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:32:16 GMT
Stefan Bodewig a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> again I'm showing my newby-ness and I'm asking for an existing
> policy/practice if there is one.
>
> If somebody provides a patch in JIRA and we commit it, do we
> automatically add the submitter as a contributor to the POM (in
> Ant-land we'd do so, well, not inside the POM, of course)?

I think it depends on component and on the people who commit the
contribution. As a rule, I add all contributors in [math] pom.

> Is there a policy on sort order?  Is there a policy about including
> the email address?

Probably not. If you think otherwise, the contributor authorization
should be at least asked for. Of course, sending something to a public
mailing list is already giving up some privacy, but it is probably fair
to ask first.

Luc