commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Bagnara ...@bago.org>
Subject Re: [net] +=DNS ...?
Date Wed, 11 Feb 2009 00:16:10 GMT
Rory Winston ha scritto:
> Hi Robert
>
> Sounds great .... a DNS client was one area I felt could be added to
> [net] for a while now (the other being ssh/scp support).
>
> Can you point me to the existing client code in james?

If I remember correctly the code Robert is talking about is not a DNS
client but a Network Matching utility (e.g: is 127.5.2.6 part of
127.0.0.0/8 network ?).
It uses some java.net.InetAddress function, but does not act as a DNSclient.

About DNS clients, if you need a dns client that uses correct caching
(java itself have plenty of issues with DNS caches) dnsjava is already
around and very solid.

Stefano