commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] RealMatrixImpl, DenseRealMatrix and MatrixUtils factory methods
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2009 19:34:32 GMT
I noticed a breakage in one of my apps that uses
MatrixUtils#createRealMatrix(double[][], boolean).  This method seems to
have been removed.  I guess this is because DenseRealMatrix can't
support this.  I understand the value of DenseRealMatrix, but I still
see value in the double[][]-backed RealMatrixImpl.  Any objections if I
restore the method above, change the other factories to return
RealMatrixImpl instances as before and add createDenseMatrix()
methods?   I would also be OK with deprecating the createRealMatrix()
methods and adding CreateXx methods for both versions.