commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Tanaka <Ken.Tan...@noaa.gov>
Subject [pipeline] documentation patch submitted
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 18:41:51 GMT
I submitted a small documentation fix for the pipeline_basics tutorial.
After uploading the initial documentation, I noticed that some of the
code examples had extra line feeds, mainly the xml configuration samples
that use color also use boldface to emphasize some of the keywords. At
least on my browser (Firefox 3.0.5 on Linux), there is an unwanted line
break at the end of bold as if a "<br />" followed the "</b>". This only
affects the preformatted text (between <pre>..</pre> tags).

Look for the "configSimplePipeline.xml" code on the page
http://commons.apache.org/sandbox/pipeline/pipeline_basics.html

I found that using '<span style="font-weight:bold;">text</span>'  in
place of '<b>text</b>' solved this problem for me. Does anyone recommend
a better solution? The patch I submitted uses this <span> in place of
<b> in the preformatted examples.

This is issue SANDBOX-278

-Ken