commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Gump
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:52:27 GMT

"Ralph Goers" <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
news:E5F9B3BC-6C90-4592-A1E3-0E906BD4B6CB@dslextreme.com...
> I'm curious as to why the last change was made to commons-proper.xml.  I
> fixed the broken unit test yesterday and last night's run should  have
> worked. I'm not sure why it is a good idea to split the tests  from the
> build but I would prefer they not be, just as they aren't for  other
> commons projects.

Generally the test are split from the build when a project is failing for
awhile because of a test failure and it has other projects that depend on
it.  In this case, the dependant projects won't be built by Gump because of
the failure.  By splitting, the jar files are available for these projects
to get built by Gump.

Of course, all ASF committers have karma to change the Gump metadata, so you
are free to change it back.