commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Need to get some patches committed
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2009 03:48:49 GMT

"Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote in message
news:495DF12A.3010500@apache.org...
> Bill Barker wrote:
>> "Mark Thomas" <markt@apache.org> wrote in message
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I have been working through some Tomcat bug reports and there are a
>>> number
>>> of
>>> commons-daemon issues - eg [1] - that are also in JIRA [2]. I'd very
>>> much
>>> like
>>> to see these issues get fixed. It appears I am not the only one in this
>>> position
>>> [3].
>>>

>> Yeah, I don't have access to a MAC, so have been reluctant to commit
>> MAC-specific changes.
>
> Completely understandable. I have a Mac and I can re-create the issue. I
> was
> planning to take a more detailed look this weekend.
>
>  As a non-PMC committer to commons, Mark has my
>> (non-binding) +1 to becoming a commons commiter.
>>
>>> A review of the mail archives suggests daemon has been rather quiet
>>> lately
>>> with
>>> little to no commit activity.
>>>

>> It's mostly a very mature project. Now that the holidays are over, I was
>> planning on reviewing daemon issues over the weekend.  But still won't
>> commit patches for platforms I can't test on.

I've done a blind commit of the patches for DAEMON-98. I think it fixes Mac
10.4, but don't know about 10.5 (or even 10.4 for that matter, since I don't
have access to a Mac).

> Great. Let me know if there are any others you can't test. If I don't have
> vmware image for the OS then I'll almost certainly have access to a
> machine
> through work.

Not all that interested in the Windows version (aka procrun), at least until
it becomes an issue for my day job ;)

I could apply patches to DAEMON-91 (if available).  Don't have access to
freebsd, so DAEMON-94 needs a patch before I can do anything.  I might take
on DAEMON-94 for the Sun JVM only, but I don't like JVM specific patches in
general.