commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Need to get some patches committed
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 03:26:30 GMT

"Mark Thomas" <> wrote in message
> Folks,
> I have been working through some Tomcat bug reports and there are a number
> of
> commons-daemon issues - eg [1] - that are also in JIRA [2]. I'd very much
> like
> to see these issues get fixed. It appears I am not the only one in this
> position
> [3].

Yeah, I don't have access to a MAC, so have been reluctant to commit
MAC-specific changes.  As a non-PMC committer to commons, Mark has my
(non-binding) +1 to becoming a commons commiter.

> A review of the mail archives suggests daemon has been rather quiet lately
> with
> little to no commit activity.

It's mostly a very mature project. Now that the holidays are over, I was
planning on reviewing daemon issues over the weekend.  But still won't
commit patches for platforms I can't test on.

> I'd like to get daemon moving by getting these patches tested and
> committed and
> the issues closed. I can do most of this now but will quickly reach the
> point
> where a patch will need to be committed.
> Therefore, I'd like to request commit access to commons daemon. All the
> paperwork is in place (I am a Tomcat committer and ASF member amongst
> other
> things) but I understand completely if you'd rather a current commons
> committer
> did the actual commits. Let me know how you want to move forward and who I
> should pester to get patches committed if you'd rather not grant me the
> necessary karma to do it myself.
> Cheers,
> Mark
> [1]