commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [compress] Including AL Code from other projects
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:58:47 GMT
No, not everyone has the right to license their code with the Apache
License.  If they work for a company and their contract states that
the company owns anything they create under their employ, then they do
not own it.  Also, who is to say that they didn't steal the code from
some codebase (perhaps from their employer; think SCO) that isn't
Apache-Licensed?