commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Christian Grobmeier" <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress] First version of ChangeSet design
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 17:16:36 GMT
>> 6) delete dir1 + add dir1/bla.txt
>> Like in every shell, I would think that this would delete all dir1/*
>> files first, and then adds a new file bla.txt in dir1.
>
> Tthe question is whether it is missing an
>
>  add dir1/
>
> Do we create directories implicit?

In my opinion, yes. If you look into a Tar Archive with an Hex-Editor
you'll figure out that there is no entry with "dir1" only. There are
just names like "dir1/blub.txt". If we would force the user to create
directory explicit, we would make everything more complex than it is.
I mean... what would happen if one does just a "add dir1" and expects
an empty folder? Probably something would fail.

>> 7) delete dir1 + add dir1/bla.txt + delete dir1
>> Deletes dir1/* first, then surpresses the add of bla.txt cause there
>> is a delete operation later.
>
> So let's get that into a testcase.

I'll start with that tomorrow morning and send a patch through JIRA -
some procedure as everyear ;-)

Cheers
Chris