commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Project template
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2009 01:14:39 GMT
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  * Perhaps folks are indeed better off just looking at existing
>> components, rather than some templates (we actually have fairly simple
>> components in the build and release sense, and having the current m2
>> support in parent etc. makes things even easier)
>
> Agreed, though it would still be helpful to have some guidelines on
> what's really expected versus what some components have just decided
> to include.

<snip/>

We've tried to keep such requirements to a minimum. IMO, only two
things expected in a sandbox component trunk (other things are upto
the component authors):

 * An m2 build that uses commons-parent (and thereby commons-skin for the site)
 * A PROPOSAL.html for archival (recent examples [1, 2, 3])

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/me/trunk/PROPOSAL.html
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/monitoring/trunk/PROPOSAL.html
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/nabla/trunk/PROPOSAL.html