commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [javaflow] SVN history (was Re: svn commit: r733503)
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2009 23:27:09 GMT
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
>> Looks like this commit causes the loss of the entire project history
>> for [javaflow] -- that can't be good.
>
> I tried to 'svn mv' but it choked on me ...if that is what you mean.
<snip/>

Yup. No idea why it would choke. I have been doing svn moves all weekend.

> The loss of "the entire history" is more than an exaggeration though.
> It should be quite obvious if you look at the "svn log" and you can
> easily go back in time to whatever revision it was before. IIRC for a
> long time (if not still) even IDEs never did a move but a del/add.

<snap/>

Yes, its always possible to go back. But to be clear, what I meant is
the following:

  svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/sandbox/javaflow/trunk/
javaflow
  cd javaflow/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/javaflow/
  svn log Continuation.java

gives us:

  svn log Continuation.java
  r733503 | tcurdt | 2009-01-11 14:51:40 -0500 (Sun, 11 Jan 2009) | 3 lines

  standard layout

which is clearly incomplete.

Similarly, for all other files added in the mentioned commit.

-Rahul