commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: deploy to snapshot repo requires assembly ???
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 18:48:14 GMT
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:31 AM, nicolas de loof <nicolas@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to deploy a snapshot of monitoring to apache.snapshots :
> mvn clean -Prc deploy

> [INFO] [assembly:attached {execution: default}]
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] Error reading assemblies: No assembly descriptors found.
>
> According to commons-parent 11, the rc profile is required to deploy to
> snapshots repository, but also enables the assembly plugin with no
> configuration set.
>
> What is this for ?
<snip/>

The rc profile builds release candidates, important parts of which are
the source and binary distributions which the assembly plugin puts
together.

I usually then pull them out of the staged repo for the RC (for
example, pulled out here [1] from here [2]), so they don't hit any m2
repos.

-Rahul

[1] http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.0/RC1/
[2] http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.0/RC1/staged/commons-digester/commons-digester/2.0/