commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r732174 - /commons/proper/scxml/branches/J6/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/javascript/JSBindingsTest.java
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 05:36:42 GMT
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 06/01/2009, rahul@apache.org <rahul@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: rahul
>>  Date: Tue Jan  6 15:39:20 2009
>>  New Revision: 732174

>>  Log:
>>  Changes to test case that should have been part of r728828 (Add support for the
SCXML Script Module).

>>  The m2 build is not running the javascript package tests (though the pom does include
org/apache/commons/scxml/env/javascript/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java in the surefire configuration).
It'd be great if someone else can try to spot the hang up.

> Appears to be a very silly bug in Surefire.
>
> Using **/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java works, as does
>
> org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jav*/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java
> but
> org/apache/commons/scxml/env/java*/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java
> does not work.
>
> Looks like Surefire is looking for "java" (or maybe the RE /.java/)
> and stopping when it finds the first part of the directory name. Yuk.

<snip/>

Interesting, I eyeballed it for a few minutes and had to run, but it
sure looked like some oddity :-)

> I'll commit a temporary fix.

<snap/>

Thanks for the fix and filing the bug report as well.

> ==
>
> I think it would be better to ignore the test suites in the pom, and just use
>
> **/*Test.java
>
> That avoids the problem where a Test case has been omitted from a suite.

<snip/>

IIRC, the donated pom had includes and it just grew organically from
there. I think by default it'll pick up **/*Test.java which means we
can probably get rid of the includes altogether.

> ==
>
> By the way, the Exception handling changes have revealed a possible
> bug - a class cast was being swallowed:
>
> testExample01Sample(org.apache.commons.scxml.env.javascript.JSExampleTest)
>  Time elapsed: 0.281 sec  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to
> org.w3c.dom.Node
>        at org.apache.commons.scxml.env.javascript.JSEvaluator.evalLocation(JSEvaluator.java:195)
>
> This was previously being converted to a SCXMLExpressionException.

<snap/>

I'll take a look now -- thats the package I'm least familiar with so
it'll be good to go through it anyway.

-Rahul