commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] test should fail if serialisation work dir cannot be created
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:00:48 GMT
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:57 AM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
> SCXMLTestHelper currently allows the test to continue if it cannot
> create the serialisation work directory.
>
> Given that it now fails the test if it cannot create/read the
> serialisation files, it seems to me that directory creation failure
> should also cause the test to fail.
>
> WDYT?

<snip/>

Confused by the predicate in 2nd para since in case of NSEs the test continues.

WRT the directory creation, if you'd rather have the build fail if
creation fails, there would ideally be a nice message stating the
problem (rather than a generic x failures and y errors kind of thing)
and additonally, there'd be a build time switch that allows folks to
say "we don't care about serialization" which would cause the build to
succeed (this could also help the NSE catches you are looking at
eliminating -- all NSEs could then cause tests to error out by
default). So maybe the approach of providing such a switch helps both
cases we're discussing.

-Rahul