commons-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [compress] Including AL Code from other projects
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:47:58 GMT
2009/1/8 Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>:
> [...]

Everyone has the right to license their code in the preferred way. In
this case , they put the LICENSE file directly in the root of their
project:
http://jrpm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jrpm/trunk/LICENSE.txt?revision=2&view=markup
I did not check it, but probably they put it in every package they release.

> All we need is the code an a statement, in any form, that says the code is
> licensed under the Apache License.

The presence of the LICENSE file is already a statement.

> Whilst I am in a pedantic mood, it is the "Apache License" not the "Apache
> Software License".

Since I'm a bit more pedantic, the v1.1 of the license is Apache
Software License :-D

Antonio