commons-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <>
Subject Re: Commons Command proposal
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:26:49 GMT
We are ready to pop it in the sandbox. I'll act as moderator for Erics

I can't find anything about limitations on sandbox projects, are there
any? Compare with Apache Labs that does not allow releases.

I'm cc:ing Apache Legal.

Regarding paper work, we can get a software grant faxed over in no
time. We are the original authors of all this code. Do we both need to
send a grant? The original idea for this library came up working for
TomTom. They have given us their permission to rewrite the project
from scratch, and this we did. Is it nessecary for TomTom to send a
grant too releasing some sort of IP? I really don't think there is an
IP issue here at all, but I am not a laywer.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message