commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: svn commit: r735449 [1/3] - in /commons/proper/math/trunk: ./ src/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/ src/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/integration/ src/java/org/apache/commons/math/analysis/interpolation/ src/java/org/apache/commons/math/an...
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 17:36:13 GMT
Phil Steitz a écrit :
> I can' t tell exactly what went wrong from the diff, but somehow the
> solvers lost their history.  All others look good.

That's weird. I did exactly the same thing for this sub-package as for
the other ones: a copy using Eclipse and the subclipse plugin.

I have tried to recover the history both from eclipse/subclipse and from
the command line. I copied the files elsewhere using Linux commands,
then performed a "svn remove XyzSolver.java" followed by a "svn copy
https://..../analysis/XyzSolver.java@r735448 XyzSolver.java" but failed.

I am a little reluctant to try the svn copy directly on the server. This
would mean something along these lines:

  svn copy https://..../analysis/XyzSolver.java@r735448 \
           https://..../analysis/solvers/XyzSolver.java
  svn update
  edit the files manually to reset the files content as they are now
  svn commit

Do you want me to try this ?

Luc