commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-configuration-test (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Sun, 18 Jan 2009 15:23:09 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2009-01-17, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de> wrote:
>

>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>>
>>>There have been two changes in parallel, vmgump switched to Java6 and
>>>Xalan has been added as a dependency.
>

>>>Given that the tests passed on gump.zones.ao before I added Xalan (and
>>>this has been running Java6 before), I'd suggest that the
>>>configuration committers experiment with using Xalan 2.7.1 instead of
>>>2.7.0 first.
>

>>Do you mean we should update the dependency to version 2.7.1?
>

> In order to debug the Gump build failure, yes.
>

>>I tried this locally, and everything seems to be fine.
>

> Then the change that breaks your tests must have occured in trunk
> after the release - or Gump is now pulling in something more than just
> a more recent Xalan, I'll check.

Just to be clear: with "tried locally" I only meant that I updated the
dependency to Xalan in pom.xml and ran the unit tests - just to ensure
that the new version does not cause any problems. This was successful.

The warning mails from Gump have been there for quite a while now; in
any case they started before the release.

Oliver