commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-configuration-test (in module apache-commons) failed
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:59:10 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:

> On Jan 12, 2009, at 7:49 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
>> On 2009-01-12, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I could also use some help understanding why these tests are failing.
>>> I can't duplicate these failures.
>>
>> The tests only fail if you use Gump-built artifacts (i.e. trunk
>> instead of the specified versions) for the dependencies.
>>
>> I haven't figured out which artifact it is that breaks configuration's
>> tests - but must admit that I didn't try too hard since nobody seemed
>> to be interested anyway.
>>

> Well, I'm interested. I'd be happy to debug the problem if he knew how
> to reproduce it.

I also noticed the failing tests, but did not understand what is going
on either and was always busy with other things.

All failing tests seem to be related to storing XML documents using
XSLT. I remember we had similar test failures on the configuration2
branch. They were obviously caused by incompatibilities between the XSLT
implementation shipped with the JDK and a Xalan version pulled in by a
transitive dependency. AFAIK the issue was solved by adding some
excludes to dependencies in the pom.

Can this be the problem here, too?

Oliver