commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r731405 - /commons/proper/daemon/trunk/src/native/unix/native/dso.h
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 10:38:29 GMT
Bill Barker wrote:
> "Mark Thomas" <> wrote in message
>> wrote:
>>> Author: billbarker
>>> Date: Sun Jan  4 17:45:12 2009
>>> New Revision: 731405
>>> Log:
>>> Only include Mac-specific files if compiling for Mac.
>>> Still don't know what I'm doing, but trusting that I have enough testers
>>> to tell me.  At least this should fix the Gump build.
>> It looks like the original patch you applied wasn't quite the same as
>> the one provided with DAEMON-98. I have been testing on linux and mac
>> and I have set of changes that works for both (at least Mac 10.5
>> anyway). I'll commit them just as soon as my new karma gets applied to
>> svn.
> Welcome to commons :).

> The problem with DAEMON-98 is that the patches are a bit inconsistent.  It's
> not clear when the .m4 should be defining DSO_DYLD or DSO_DLFCN.  It is
> likely a version check, but I wouldn't know how to do it, or what the check
> should be.

My guess was it might be required for the 10.4.x build. If it is, I'll
need to re-work the patch once I figure out how to distinguish between
10.5 and 10.4 - I'll cross that bridge if and when I come to it.
Hopefully it won't be required and I can delete it :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message