commons-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DAEMON] Need to get some patches committed
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 22:14:19 GMT
Siegfried Goeschl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can help out on Mac OS 10.4.1 as well ....
>
> Christian Grobmeier wrote:
>> Hi,
>> if you give me detailled instructions, I can test the issue on my Mac
>> with 10.4.x installed. I can do this starting with 7th jan.

Siegfried, Christian, all

There is a snapshot of jsvc.tar.gz available from
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/

I have tested it with OS X 10.5.6. Any testing you could do with earlier
OS X versions would be great.

There is probably a quicker test but I have been using:
1. Download a Tomcat 6.0.18 or 5.5.27 binary release.
2. Unpack the Tomcat binary and replace
apache-tomcat-x.y.z/bin/jsvc.tar.gz with the new one above
3. Follow the Tomcat 5 [1] or Tomcat 6 [2] instructions for building
jsvc and running Tomcat using the jsvc daemon

Shout if you need more info.

Just to be 100% clear, the jsvc tarball above in no way represents an
official release. It is a snapshot for testing purposes only and should
not be used in production.

Mark

[1] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/setup.html
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/setup.html