commons-dev mailing list archives

From Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject [math] Shoud OpenIntToDoubleHashMap get return NaN instead of 0 for key not found?
Date Fri, 02 Jan 2009 14:44:04 GMT
I am still working through this class and the sparse matrix class that
it was extracted from (thanks, Ismael and Sugit!), so I am not sure if
changing this would cause problems, but the current setup (returning 0
for missing keys) limits usefulness of this class.   I see how this is
convenient for sparse matrices; but I would see NaN as a more natural
return value for non-existent keys in the general case.  Alternatively,
I guess we could add another method get(int key, double missingReturn).

Thoughts?

Phil