commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] svn commit: r734477
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 23:45:14 GMT
On 14/01/2009, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 4:47 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
>  >> From: Rahul Akolkar [mailto:rahul.akolkar@gmail.com]
>  >
>  > <snip/>
>  >
>  >> The Maven POMs may need to be updated as needed (a quick visual
>  >> inspection seems to reveal that the m1 POM specifies these
>  >> dependencies, but the m2 one doesn't). As [dbcp] gets closer to a
>  >> release, a call will have to be made about which builds to keep (I'd
>  >> keep Ant and m2 -- the latter will help with the site and releasing).
>  >
>  > I know next to nothing about maven so I'll need some help in this area.
>  >

> <snip/>
>
>  Both m1 and m2 builds were failing for me. The easiest solution was to
>  bump up the compiler settings to 1.5. If conditional compilation like
>  the Ant build is desired, someone will have to put more work into
>  that.

It would be better to use a staging area when processing the
conditional source updates.

At pesent, if a non JDBC4 build is performed in an SVN workspace, a
lot of files are updated.

Also, the transformation is not reversible, so one can build for JDBC4
and then for JDBC3, but not the other way round.