commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r732174 - /commons/proper/scxml/branches/J6/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/javascript/JSBindingsTest.java
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 02:46:35 GMT
On 06/01/2009, rahul@apache.org <rahul@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: rahul
>  Date: Tue Jan  6 15:39:20 2009
>  New Revision: 732174

>  Log:
>  Changes to test case that should have been part of r728828 (Add support for the SCXML
Script Module).

>  The m2 build is not running the javascript package tests (though the pom does include
org/apache/commons/scxml/env/javascript/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java in the surefire configuration).
It'd be great if someone else can try to spot the hang up.

Appears to be a very silly bug in Surefire.

Using **/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java works, as does

org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jav*/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java
but
org/apache/commons/scxml/env/java*/EnvJavaScriptTestSuite.java
does not work.

Looks like Surefire is looking for "java" (or maybe the RE /.java/)
and stopping when it finds the first part of the directory name. Yuk.

I'll commit a temporary fix.

==

I think it would be better to ignore the test suites in the pom, and just use

**/*Test.java

That avoids the problem where a Test case has been omitted from a suite.

==

By the way, the Exception handling changes have revealed a possible
bug - a class cast was being swallowed:

testExample01Sample(org.apache.commons.scxml.env.javascript.JSExampleTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.281 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Double cannot be cast to
org.w3c.dom.Node
	at org.apache.commons.scxml.env.javascript.JSEvaluator.evalLocation(JSEvaluator.java:195)

This was previously being converted to a SCXMLExpressionException.