commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [DBCP] Moving towards a 1.3 release
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:14:22 GMT
> From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
>
> Is the intention to improve DBCP or just get it to compile and run
> under 1.6?

Short term (ie this week before I go on holiday) is to get DBCP building on
1.6 and enable the Gump folks to switch to a 1.6 JDK. This will a) let
Tomcat 5/6 build with a 1.6 JDK, b) let Tomcat 7 build on Gump since it
requires a 1.6 JDK.

Medium term Tomcat 7 will need a DBCP release. I'm happy using source
snaphots for the early alphas but there will need to be a 1.3 release in a
few months. My intention was to look at some of the DBCP bugs between now
and the release.

> If the former, then there are a few Eclipse and Findbugs warnings that
> could be addressed, and the calls to the deprecated SQLNestedException
> could be recoded as per the deprecation explanation.
>
> I can help with some of those.

Any and all help appreciated.

Mark