commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Thomas" <ma...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [compress] Including AL Code from other projects
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2009 16:11:07 GMT

Because who ever explain the concept of a code grant to them did't explain
what it means correctly. The authors want attribution (as per the AL) in the
NOTICE file. A code grant gives the ASF permission to treat the code as our
own with no attribution.

A code grant:
- isn't necessary
- doesn't give us any more proetction that the AL header already does
- is inconsistent with the wishes of the original authors

Mark