commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-exec-1.0.0 based on EXEC_1_0_0_RC2
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 21:44:22 GMT
Hi Sierfried,

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/exec/1.0.0/RC2/staged/commons-exec/commons-exec/1.0.0/

> [ ] +1 release it
> [ ] +0 go ahead I don't care
> [ ] -1 no, do not release it because
>

> Let the fun begin ...
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>
> PS: The test distribution is not part of the release but handy for
> platform testing -
> http://people.apache.org/~sgoeschl/download/commons-exec/

I tried to build the source distribution on my Gentoo ~x86 box with my
compiler zoo. First thing is that the source extracts to
commons-exec-2.4.1-src ... quite strange.

The STATUS states that System.getEnv has been deprecated with JDK 1.4.
However, this deprecation has been revoked, see JDK 1.5.

There should be some notice, that you have to set the executable flag for
the shell scripts in src/test/scripts before running the tests. Otherwise
the DefaultExecutorTest will simply fail.

It works for blackdown-1.4.2, ibm-1.4.2/1.6, jrockit-1.4.2/1.5,
sun-1.4.2/1.5/1.6. IBM 1.5 fails with Maven itself.

Since all of the above look like minor issues, not necessarily preventing a
release.

+1

- Jörg