commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-exec-1.0.0 based on EXEC_1_0_0_RC2 did not pass ....
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2008 21:30:02 GMT
IMO ...

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 12:21 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> after more than one week I have to announce that the vote DID NOT PASS ...
>
> +) two +1 votes (Jörg, Sebastian)
> +) two positive comments (Rahul, Oliver) which formally do not
> constitute a +1
>
> Having said that a couple of issues were raised ...
>
> 1) [major] what is the correct groupId - "org.apache.commons" or
> "commons-exec"
<snip/>

This isn't major -- you can choose to keep it at 'commons-exec' if you
want. There are good reasons either way.

> 2) [minor] the STATUS file needs an update regarding deprecation of
> System.getenv()
> 3) [minor] wrong folder name in source distribution, i.e.
> "commons-exec-2.4.1-src"
<snap/>

As indicated in the vote thread, I'd like to see it fixed since its
confusing packaging-wise (IOW, for some of us it may not be minor :-).

Thanks for your work on the release.

-Rahul