commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [exec] RC (was: svn commit: r726285)
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:13:37 GMT
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Siegfried Goeschl
<siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> it was so obvious that I did not understand the cause immediately
>
> 1) in my commons-exec pom I additionally defined the
> maven-changelog-plugin in the reporting section
> 2) I run "mvn -Prc release:prepare"
>
> So what happens
>
> +) the release plugin changes the SCM settings BEFORE creating the tag
> which is smart if the release fall apart later on
> +) the maven-changelog-plugin picks up the new SCM section but is unable
> to find the corresponding tag in SVN
> +) consequently the report generation fails

<snip/>

Yeah, thanks, I got the hint from your commit message :-)

Would you mind adding a note to this wiki page to that effect (perhaps
towards the top):

  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases

It may save others some time.

Finally, if the process on that page works for you as well (it works
for me), I'll draft something similar for the Commons site. I wanted
another data point before I did that.

-Rahul

> Cheers,
>
> Siegfried Goeschl
>

> Rahul Akolkar wrote:
>> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM,  <sgoeschl@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Author: sgoeschl
>>> Date: Sat Dec 13 14:58:27 2008
>>> New Revision: 726285

>>> Log:
>>> The release plugin simply fails
>>>
>>> +) it seems that the new tag is not created immediately
>>> +) during the release the changelog is generated which fails to access to EXEC_1_0_0_RC1
since it does not exist at the moment