commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-exec-1.0.0 based on EXEC_1_0_0_RC2
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 00:08:05 GMT
Mostly OT with respect to vote, but might be useful for others to know
in this context ...

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Siegfried Goeschl <sgoeschl@gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> after struggling with my and Maven's shortcomings (and wasting a release
> candidate) it is time to call a vote to release commons-exec-1.0.0
>
> Tag:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/exec/tags/EXEC_1_0_0_RC2

<snip/>

Based on prior feedback (Phil and Niall IIRC), I've changed the wiki
documentation to not recommend the RCn suffix to tags.

Siegfried -- If you're following the page below, please note the
changes made today (not saying you should redo the RC, just that you
be aware of the changes since I removed a step that copied the tag to
the "final" name, you may still want to do that if vote passes):

  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases?action=info

-Rahul