commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Jackson" <foamd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: commons-exec ant build patch
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:30:25 GMT
Hi,

> +) I assume that this implies that you have junit on your path already?
> +) please not that I have to get a hold on the junit.jar in
> "test-distribution-prepare"
> +) maybe we need a variable to pick the junit library from?

I think the main point of the patch is that just because you don't
have junit on your path, the build shouldn't fail - the logic implied
by the junit.present property and the message warning you that it's
not on the classpath suggests to me that junit should be managed by
the user and should only be required for building/running the tests.

As the current code stands, it cannot be built in ant without either
having previously built it in mvn

Kev