commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Commons SAX
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:55:33 GMT

On Dec 29, 2008, at 6:20 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> See:
> http://markmail.org/message/i4mzckmqzy2gdwsc
>
> Xerces (responsible for XML Commons) seems open to revive XML
> Commons a
> bit. I think it would make sense to do Commons SAX or Commons XML in
> XML
> Commons, not here. I'm planning to invest some time in this after New
> Year.

I agree that xml commons seems like the appropriate place although it
would made sense to have a "virtual" commons xml project that is a
link to xml commons just so people can find it either way. The only
problem I see with xml commons is that it doesn't seem to have a
community at present. I'm not sure why the Xerces PMC is managing xml
commons.  http://people.apache.org/~jim/projects.html#xml-commons
would lead one to believe that it is managed by the XML PMC. Yet I do
see that the board report seems to be coming from the Xerces PMC.

However, given the interest I'm sure this could all be straightened out.