commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Configuration 1.6 Released
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2008 20:32:28 GMT

On Dec 25, 2008, at 10:19 AM, Oliver Heger wrote:

> The Jakarta Commons team is pleased to announce the availability of
> the
> Commons Configuration 1.6 release. Commons Configuration provides a
> generic configuration interface which enables an application to read
> configuration data from a variety of sources.

Thanks, Oliver.  Just FYI, I will be checking in more fixes and
enhancements over the next several weeks and will need another release
in another month or two.

Here is a list of what I'm working on:
Direct support for schema validation in XMLConfiguration (completed)
Support for adding EntityResolvers to XMLConfiguration (completed)
Support for Apache XML Commons CatalogResolver - xml-resolver package
(completed)
Allow a default EntityResolver to be added to
DefaultConfigurationBuilder's configuration (completed)
Allow the EntityResolver configured in DefaultConfigurationBuilder to
default to the CatalogResolver (completed)
I've been requested to have CombinedConfiguration be able to return
the list of configuration names in a List that is the same order as
getConfigurations.
When disableDelimiterParsing is set to true
xmlConfig.setProperty("path", "a,b,c,d") is adding a backslash before
each comma. Need to investigate and fix.
Add a ReloadingStrategy that works with files stored in a CMS that is
accessed via WebDav.
Possibly add "real" WebDAV support to allow files to be versioned when
stored in the WebDAV repository.
Possibly add support for accessing files via the JSR 170 API.
Possibly refactor all the file access into its own package. Possibly
either leverage commons vfs or do something simpler.
Go through Jira and look at all the outstanding issues.
Work on the experimental branch.

All the items marked completed I have working on trunk and am
integrating them into the experimental branch. They should be
committed in a day or two.
All the items starting with "possibly" I will start a discussion on
the dev list before doing anything.

Ralph