commons-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Proposal: Commons SAX
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 07:56:35 GMT
Jukka Zitting wrote:
> I believe this code would be useful also outside Tika, and I was
> thinking that it might perhaps make sense to create a Commons project
> for this. I also know of some SAX processing classes in Cocoon and
> Jackrabbit that could well be of interest to a wider audience.
>
> Do you think something like this would be interesting as a Commons
> project? Are there other similar efforts that I should know of? I
> looked at XML Commons in xml.apache.org, but it seems pretty dormant.

In the Cocoon project we're about to refactor/move some of our common
xml stuff into an own sub project at Cocoon. This will be a small
reusable library. So maybe we could add the common stuff from Tika there
as well. We have a huge xml community already within the Cocoon project.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org