commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject [math] changing again decomposition/solvers API ?
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:38:21 GMT
The decomposition/solvers API has changed several times these last
weeks, but I would like to introduce one new change.

The current status is something similar to:

   RealVector x = new XyzSolver(new XyzDecomposition(a)).solve(b);

I would like to change it to:

  RealVector x = new XyzDecomposition(a).getSolver().solve(b);

The reason for that is that it allows to have a solver that is built
from the internal state of the decomposition instead of using its public
API. This allows better performances as we don't need to build
explicitly some matrices.

Any thoughts about this change ?

Luc