commons-dev mailing list archives

From Siegfried Goeschl <siegfried.goes...@it20one.at>
Subject Re: [exec] RC (was: svn commit: r726285)
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:56:09 GMT
Hi Rahul,

it was so obvious that I did not understand the cause immediately

1) in my commons-exec pom I additionally defined the
maven-changelog-plugin in the reporting section
2) I run "mvn -Prc release:prepare"

So what happens

+) the release plugin changes the SCM settings BEFORE creating the tag
which is smart if the release fall apart later on
+) the maven-changelog-plugin picks up the new SCM section but is unable
to find the corresponding tag in SVN
+) consequently the report generation fails

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Rahul Akolkar wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 5:58 PM,  <sgoeschl@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Author: sgoeschl
>> Date: Sat Dec 13 14:58:27 2008
>> New Revision: 726285

>> Log:
>> The release plugin simply fails
>>
>> +) it seems that the new tag is not created immediately
>> +) during the release the changelog is generated which fails to access to EXEC_1_0_0_RC1
since it does not exist at the moment