commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [configuration] Time for a release?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 07:22:38 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:
> I will need to add one more feature - I need the exact opposite of
> SystemConfiguration. I need to be able to read a file and instantiate
> all the keys and values as system properties.  I haven't decided on the
> best approach to do this so any advice is welcome.

 From the API's point of view, would it make sense to add a static
method like addProperties(Configuration c) to SystemConfiguration that
iterates over the keys of the passed in configuration and adds them as
system properties?

> In the meantime though, I'm fine with a 1.6 release.

So the system properties feature needs not to go into 1.6? For me it
does not really matter. There is no need to hurry, and I am not sure
when I find the time for the release anyway.

BTW there are some checkstyle warnings in the new classes you committed.
Most of them are formatting issues. Do you want to have a look or should
I deal with them?

Thanks
Oliver