commons-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Commons SAX
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:36:30 GMT

On Dec 29, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> As part of the gradual shutdown of the XML project, the Xerces PMC has
> agreed some time ago to take over the responsibility for XML Commons.
> The xml-commons group which you mentioned is basically for committers
> who only have access to XML commons (mainly Norman Walsh when he still
> worked on the resolver). Today XML Commons is write-accessible for
> committers from various projects (Xerces, Xalan, XML Graphics, Cocoon,
> Forrest etc.). But they don't use that karma very often. Yes, it
> doesn't
> have much of a community mainly because the various parts are mostly
> "too stable". We can change that by reactivating XML Commons with new
> goals.
>
> The virtual link you mentioned is a good idea IMO and seems in line
> with
> Henri's ideas of a federated Commons.

Interesting. What is the XML PMC group for? As a Cocoon committer I
recall having commit privs on xml years ago. I don't believe we do
anymore though. At least, http://people.apache.org/~jim/
committers.html doesn't reflect it.  I suspect there is some cocoon
stuff that really should find a home here eventually as well.

Ralph