commons-dev mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: [proxy] Overriding Specific Methods Support...
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:58:55 GMT
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 5:48 AM, James Carman <james@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>>Having commons-proxy support running AOP Advices for specific methods
>>while passing the others through automatically would be nice. However
>>the standard "pointcut" language for specifying which methods to match
>>is rather ugly and complex. And turning commons-proxy into a full AOP
>>library supporting the org.aopalliance.aop.* APIs
>>(http://aopalliance.sourceforge.net/) would be a big job. I presume
>>you're aware that springframework.org includes extensive AOP support
>>based on the aopalliance APIs?
>
> Proxy has the concept of a MethodFilter that you can use to filter out
> methods that you don't want proxied when you're using Interceptors.

Oh, and yes I'm well aware of Spring's AOP support.  Commons Proxy is
written for folks who don't want to have to use Spring to get dynamic
proxies if they don't want to (or for Spring itself to use rather than
writing their own proxying logic).  Proxy is written for any framework
that needs dynamic proxying and they don't want to have to monkey with
all of the crazy logic necessary for wiring everything together.