commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Commons SCXML 0.9 RC1 available
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2008 03:20:42 GMT
Thanks for your time (some comments below).

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 9:51 PM, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> All looks OK:
> + hashes, sigs OK
> + tar and zip archives have same contents
> + source agrees with SVN tag
> + mvn test works OK on 1.4.2 and 1.6.0
> + Ant jar works on 1.6.0 and 1.4.2; test works on 1.4.2.
>
> Just a few minor tweaks to consider:
> + Since the build now uses M2, it would be good to remove the M1 files
<snap/>

I've been nudged before, but I'm OK with it being there.

> + The Ant build downloads junit.jar but fails to add it to the
> classpath, which is a bit silly. Either skip the download and use the
> Ant version, or download and use the jar.
<snip/>

Makes sense, though its a m1 generated file so I probably won't touch it.

> + Source and Javadoc jars have minimal manifests; it would be useful
> to include some or all of the following:
> Implementation-Title: Commons SCXML
> Implementation-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
> Implementation-Version: 0.9
> Specification-Title: Commons SCXML
> Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
> Specification-Version: 0.9

<snap/>

Yeah, those would be m2 improvements.

> Just noticed that the ApacheCon advert is out of date.

<snip/>

Fixed (though I didn't deploy the change yet).

-Rahul