commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] Is jelly still in development
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2008 23:27:16 GMT
Hello John,

I think it would be lovely to start some maintenance and to get an
extra committer aboard.
The procedure to become so, however, really starts with the "other
methods" (mailing-list and jira in particular).

The focus on the core of jira is rather happy.
I am more than happy to restrict such things as the xml taglib which
has been my main usage of jelly (together with ant).

As a first maintenance suggestion, ignoring a possible retirement, I
would really like to get the web-pages in a more up-to-date state.
(correct getting-started, tag-ref somewhat consistent, ...).

How doable would it be for you to tackle such repair?
I could then try to apply a patch you submit to jira.

I am not sure (and hope not) that the web-site can only be fixed by
the migration to maven2...

paul