commons-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: [jelly] Is jelly still in development
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2008 09:55:54 GMT
Le 05-nov.-08 à 10:22, XuQing Tan a écrit :
> I'm recently investigating some excutable xml scripters. So I want
> to know
> is Jelly still in development, since it's last release is in 2004?

Nick,

Unfortunately no.
For a long time it was annoyed by the fact that building it required
huge resources but since maven 1.1 this is all very easy. Still, since
James left it, it is kind of dormant with several unsolved issues, the
biggest one being the website I feel.

Some people still use it though and adding a few feature is quite
easy...
Jelly is still unbeatable as a glue in xml processing.
What took James from Jelly, I think, is Groovy but that is
incomparable... data in groovy is just as ugly as data in java while
data in jelly is kind of natural and mixing data and scripting is
exactly where jelly is at glory.

paul