commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [COLLECTIONS] Heads up on 3.3 release
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 00:06:14 GMT
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 1:56 AM, Henri Yandell <flamefew@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Proving Phil's point on release process, I'm staring at Collections
>> and wondering just how to release it.
>>
> <snip/>
>
> :-)
>
> Don't know what process you used before. I followed the process on top
> of this page for the previous Commons SCXML release using m2:
>
>  http://wiki.apache.org/commons/CreatingReleases

The alternative (which I've done a few times) is to tag in the usual
way and just use m2 to create the artifcats. If you use

  mvn -Prc package

It will (from memory) generate everything except md5/sha files. If you use

  mvn -Prc install

then it does the md4/sha files as well - but they'll be in your local
repo, rather than "target" directory

Niall