commons-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [Configuration] HierarchicalConfiguration in configuration2
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2008 21:13:14 GMT
Ralph Goers schrieb:
> The problem is that in applications using commons config they would like
> to specify an interface in lots of places. HierarchicalConfiguration
> would be perfect for that. It should just extend the Configuration
> interface.

It was discussed that in configuration2 all configurations are
hierarchical. In this case there would be the single Configuration
interface, but it would offer the enhanced functionality which is now
provided by HierarchicalConfiguration.

> I'm also a little confused over CombinedConfiguration and
> ExpressionEngine since two versions of these classes are present. I am
> assuming that combined/CombinedConfiguration and expr/ExpressionEngine
> are the correct classes and the others should be removed?
Yes, that's correct. Currently DefaultExpressionBuilder still uses the
old classes because not all Configuration implementations supported by
this class have been converted to the new model.

Oliver