commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Marking components as inactive
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2008 15:28:03 GMT
(From the Jelly thread)

With Jelly as an first use case I'd like to propose a process for
marking a component as inactive. Said process being:

1) Vote on commons-dev. 7 days minimum (though there's no real rush).

2) Make inactive:
  a) remove from trunks-proper
  b) Update the homepage to say "Not Actively Maintained"
  c) Update the Commons homepage to put this into a release
subcategory of "Not Actively Maintained"
  d) Put said N.A.M. note on the JIRA page.

This is very close to the process Taglibs have used (with a much
looser step #1 as we know there are only 4 people there :) ), though
there they are deprecated rather than not actively maintained.

Hen