commons-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons-lang StringUtils feature request with patch
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:27:43 GMT
On 12/11/2008, Kalecser Kurtz <kalecser@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello commons developers,
> I would like to propose the addition of these four methods to StringUtils
> class:
>
> public static String head(final String str, int lines)
> public static String tail(String str, int lines)
>  public static int indexOfNth(String str, String searchStr, int occurrence)
> public static int lastIndexOfNth(String str, String searchStr, int
> occurrence)
>
> I've sent a patch attached to this message, it contains both the
> implementation and the tests. Please let me know if you don't receive it.

Not received here, but anyway please don't send patches to the mailing list.

Instead, please create a JIRA issue for the appropriate component, and
then attach the patch as a unified diff. Please be sure to select the
checkbox:

 Grant license to ASF for inclusion in ASF works (as per the Apache
License ยง5)

otherwise we cannot use it.

Thanks.