commons-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Commons Wiki] Update of "FileUpload" by TorO
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2008 00:28:13 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by TorO:
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/FileUpload

The comment on the change is:
Added a Q about the possibility to drop file items when maxSize is exceeded.

  = FAQ =

   ||Add your questions/answers here.||
+
+ '''Q:''' When parsing a multipart request that exceeds the maxSize or if a file exceeds
the maxFileSize, is there any way to drop the file/files from the parsing process and still
return the field items?[[BR]]
+ I though of putting the field items in the query string but haven't tested it. Even if it
would work, it wouldn't be a handsome solution!

  '''Q:''' I'm using a DiskFileItemFactory from FileUpload 1.2.1.  In the Resource Cleanup
section of [http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/using.html the User Guide], the following
code is shown:[[BR]]
          return new DiskFileItemFactory(fileCleaningTracker,[[BR]]