commons-dev mailing list archives

From "John Spackman" <john.spack...@zenesis.com>
Subject Re: [jelly] Is jelly still in development vs. Open/FederatedCommons
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:31:12 GMT
Fair comment; I've created a seperate JIRA entry JELLY-286 so that this
conversation is kept seperate from the issues themselves and because it gets
virtually impossible to seperate subsequent patches.

I've started going through the JIRA issues from the top and have done 17 so
far; the patch in JELLY-286 fixes 5 bugs, and AFAICT many of the other 12
issues can be recategorised.  Here's my list:

230 "Problem with default namespace in imported scripts" - NOTABUG
187 "Wrong composite expression evaluation" - FIXED
180 "ClassLoader Problems with XMLParser and XMLParser reuse" - DUPLICATE 44
184 "Using namespace-prefixes breaks Jelly" - FIXED
170 "Nested scripts should be compiled and cached" - IMPRACTICAL
193 & 167 "add 'public JellyContext newEmptyJellyContext()' to
JellyContext" - Pending patch being applied
165 "CatchTag closest from java tryCatch block (with expected exceptions
list)" - FIXED
163 "Allow Expressions to throw exceptions" - FIXED
144 "XMLParser should not depend on JellyContext" - POSTPONED (requires more
consideration and anyway would mandate API changes)
143 "Support for pluggable expression languages" - POSTPONED
121 "Policy for output of lexical XML data" - POSTPONED
188 "Core should have a forTokens tag" - POSTPONED (what conclusion from
comments in JIRA?)
112 "Create Script from SAX events" - NOTABUG
 44 "[jelly] ClassLoader Problems with XMLParser and XMLParser reuse" -
POSTPONED
 82 "Add UseVector tag" - POSTPONED (no response from submitter)
 13 "Jelly should throw an exception if an unknown tag is used in a
TagLibrary" - FIXED

Regards,
John